Monday, June 6, 2011

HAIRDRESSER TO THE STARS ,JAMES BROWN, APOLOGISES FOR RACIST RANT



Celebrity hairdresser and friend of Kate Moss, James Brown has apologized for calling TV presenter Ben Douglas a racially offensive name eight times at the BAFTA Television Awards, but has also denied that he is racist.Yesterday, he admitted he was the man who used the "N-word" eight times in just a few moments during an exchange with the television presenter and theatre academy founder Ben Douglas.
Mr Douglas revealed what had happened at the awards ceremony on 22 May in a newspaper article on Sunday, but he decided not to name his abuser because he did not want to "destroy his career", describing him only as "a leading figure from the fashion world who numbers Kate Moss and Lily Allen among his closest friends".

But as speculation mounted about the abuser's identity, Galway-born Mr Brown decided it was best to declare he was the guilty party through a statement released by his publicist."I'd like to make a public apology to Mr Douglas, to his friends and to Bafta for my offensive and stupid comments," said Mr Brown, who as well as styling the likes of Angelina Jolie and Victoria Beckham is a celebrity in his own right thanks to a reality TV show.

"The simple truth is that I had drunk far too much on the evening and my behaviour was totally unacceptable. Everyone who knows me knows I am not racist in any way whatsoever, but this incident has shown me that my drinking is way out of control and I need to take urgent measures to deal with it."He concluded: "I have been in touch with Mr Douglas and will be writing to him and to the Bafta organisers to apologise personally. I am very sorry and very embarrassed."

0 comments:

Post a Comment