Saturday, October 23, 2010

Simplest Apple Tart





{Simplest Apple Tart}
What better way to bring in Fall then with some Golden Delicious apples?

I decided to bake an apple tart for a family dinner I went to yesterday and boy oh boy was this yummo! I'm not going to lie, I was extremely intimidated when I realized that I had to make my own dough for this dish and was this close to tossing the whole tart out the window when I realized that I had to suck it up and just go for it! The title is spot on- this tart was so simple to make, just make sure you allot yourself plenty of time to let the tart cook in the oven- I did not and had to finish cooking it at our friends' house!

The original recipe (from Smitten Kitchen) was great, however I think I would have added a bit of citrus (lemon) to the apples before I placed them on the tart crust to bake as the final dish needed a little je ne sais pas.

I am definitely a newbie when it comes to the kitchen, but I think this turned out really well given the time crunch and my lack of experience. As you can tell, everyone at the dinner hated it and barely ate any....

Go ahead, get in the kitchen and give this tart a go! You'll be pleasantly surprised I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment